Destination Imagination

Destination Imagination

ABOUT DESTINATION IMAGINATION

.

Our Work

2019 - Present

Destination Imagination (DI) is a competition, where teams use imagination, engineering, entrepreneurship and time management to design and present their solutions for a problem. DI Turkey competition will take place in Antalya between February 27th, 2020 and March 1st, 2020. Our teams are participating in 2 categories: “Engineering” and “Fix It”. Hisar Mechatronics is participating in Destination Imagination with two teams. One of the teams is competing in the engineering category and the other in the fix it category. 

.

Our team which is participating in the Engineering category is called Designer Genes. The topic of this category is to make a bridge out of playing cards and tape in a limited amount of time. There are multiple fields in which the bridge will be tested such as; length, durability and productivity. Also, a backstory about the bridge is required which is just as important as the bridge itself. During the competition, teams will have 8 minutes to build their bridge, which they will have built prior to the competition but then broken up into 2 to 18 pieces. When rebuilding the bridge, we will need to make the process an entertaining show to get high points from the judge. The building and entertainment part makes up 75% of our total score. The other part, which will determine the remaining 25% of our total score, is an instant challenge that we will face when we go to Antalya for the competition. In this part, we will be faced with a problem (which we will learn when we go there) and we are expected to find a solution it. The tough part is that we are going to have limited time to find a solution and produce a product. Finally, high scoring teams will get a chance to represent Turkey in Kansas, USA.

.

Our team who is participating in the Fix It category is called Joytech. The aim of teams participating in this category is to find a problem that affects people and a solution for it. But finding a problem and the solution is not the only goal in the tournament. Our team also has to show the unique talents of its members, the process of solution, and what happened while finding the solution. These things are as important as identifying the problem and the solution. During the competition day, we will have 8 minutes to present what we have done. Although the presentation part composes the majority of this tournament, we will also have a part that is called the ‘Instant Challenge’. Instant challenges are problems that are revealed to participants during the competition day. Participants are expected to solve these problems in a limited time and in a creative way. Our team is doing their best to be the champion that will go to the United States for the finals.

Learn About Our Other Projects

An engineering society

Scroll Up